The Sydney Loofe Memorial Scholarship
We are so privileged to offer this scholarship to honor the life of Sydney Loofe. We want to thank the Loofe family for allowing us to provide a young person this gift to prevent anyone from having to experience what Sydney experienced. If anyone wants to donate to The Sydney Loofe Scholarship Memorial Fund please CLICK HERE to donate and notate the gift is going to the scholarship fund.
~Stephanie Olson, CEO/President The Set Me Free Project
Sydney was a beautiful person, inside and out. Although she struggled with depression and anxiety, she always made a point of helping people that she felt were down on their luck, unable to take care of themselves, or just unloved. Even though she made a meager living, she opened her house to several people that needed just a little help to get back on their feet.
While it seemed that she had many friends, Sydney often felt lonely. She was looking for that one special person with whom she could spend time. She took to Tinder to look for that person and unfortunately, found someone that had nothing but evil plans for her. We don’t know yet if Sydney’s tragedy was due to a trafficking incident, but we do believe that the public needs to be more aware of trafficking activities that are taking place and know how to quickly and safely react to them.
~Written by Susie and George Loofe
Applicants to the Sydney Loofe Memorial Scholarship must:
- Be a graduating senior from a Nebraska high school.
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Demonstrate plans to attend an institution of higher learning in the area of criminal justice, cyber safety
Eligible Localities: Nebraska
Eligible High Schools: Nebraska High Schools (Public or Private)
Deadline: February 15, 2019 by 5:00 PM
Award Amount: a minimum of $500 (Exact award will be announced by December 31, 2018).
How to Apply
The online application portal (link will be provided when scholarship opens) will walk students through our application process.
- Students submit general information such as address and high school, as well as information about extracurricular activities or awards.
- Students use the online application to provide the name and email address of their guidance counselor and other individuals. These contacts will receive an email requesting the student’s high school transcript or a personal reference.
- Each of our various scholarships has its own essay guidelines, as described below.
Call 402-521-3080 or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
The Sydney Loofe Memorial Scholarship also requires:
- Two letters of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, coach or supervisor.
- A personal statement of no more than 900 words addressing:
- Leadership ability in student and/or community service
- An outline of school, community and/or church involvement
- Show examples of leadership experiences that have taught you about commitment and dedication