If you have an emergency please dial 911
Here are some other emergency resources:
- National Human Trafficking Hotline
- Call 888-3737-888 or text BeFree (233733)
- Boys Town Suicide Hotline
- Crisis Text Line
- Nebraska Family Helpline
- National Sexual Assault Hotline – RAINN
- 800-656-HOPE (4673)
Resources for Youth
AIDS/HIV Info Hotline
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Hotline
Break the Cycle
Break the Cycle is the leading national nonprofit organization providing comprehensive dating abuse programs exclusively to young people ages 12 to 24. From the classroom to the courtroom to the floor of Congress, we work every day to give young people, and those who care about them, the tools they need to live safer, healthier lives. Break the Cycle inspires and supports young people to build healthy relationships and create a culture without abuse.
Boys Town National Crisis Line
Love is Respect
Call: 1 (866) 331-9474 | TTY: 1 (866) 331-8453 | Text: loveis to 22522 |
Love is respect’s purpose is to engage, educate and empower young people to prevent and end abusive relationships.
National Runaway Safeline
Nebraska AIDs Project
Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN)
Sexual Assault: Awareness and Recovery for Students – https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/resources/sexual-assault-awareness-recovery/
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
The Set Me Free Project
Text or Call (402) 521-3080
Your Life Your Voice
Text VOICE to 20121
You don’t have to face your problems alone! YourLifeYourVoice.org is part of The Boys Town National Hotline. Please contact us if you’re depressed, contemplating suicide, being physically or sexually abused, on the run, addicted, threatened by gang violence, fighting with a friend or parent, or if you are faced with an overwhelming challenge.
Youth Emergency Services
YES Safe Place 24-hour crisis line
If you believe that you, or a friend, are in a dangerous situation, relationship, or possibly the target of a predator, get help and tell a trusted adult immediately. If you have been approached online or in person, or have seen something that may be sex trafficking…
Call the National Trafficking Hotline at: 1-888-373-7888 (888-3737-888)
Or Text the National Trafficking Hotline at: BeFree 233733
Or call 911 if in immediate danger
Traffickers Can Be Anyone And Look Like Anyone
Signs of a possible trafficker:
- Gets jealous easily and seems controlling or exhibits violent behavior.
- Is significantly older.
- Promises things that seem too good to be true.
- Encourages you to engage in illegal activities to achieve your goals.
- Suggests that they know how to help you make a lot of money.
- Buys expensive gifts or flashes money.
- Won’t tell you much about his/her profession, family, or personal life.
- Gets pushy or demanding about sex.
- Wants to take suggestive photos and/or encourages you to model or dance for money.
- Makes you feel responsible about financial matters.